28 Mar 2022
Dr. Habimana Sylvestre is Lecturer and Researcher at University of Rwanda, College of Agriculture, Animal Sciences and Veterinary Medicine (UR-CAVM). He holds a PhD & MSc. in Agronomy from the University of Agricultural Sciences of Bangalore ; two Postgraduate Diplomas (PGD in Higher Education, and PGD in Agriculture Extension Management), B.Sc.in crop production and Advanced diploma in agro-forestry. He is also serving as Coordinator of School Industrial Attachment at School of Agriculture and Food Sciences. He can be reached via the following :
Mobile : +250-788486031
Email (s) : firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
POST-GRADUATE STUDENTS THESES SUPERVISION
Dr Sylvestre supervised 7 Master theses and over 50 Undergraduate research theses.
1. Nkundabashaka Valens (2019-2020), Study of water requirement for rice (Oryza sativa) crop at CYABAYAGA wetland in NYAGATARE District of RWANDA.
2. Ntigurirwa Charles (2019-2020), Effect of training system and spacing on growth, yield and quality of cape goose berry fruit at UR CAVM Busogo farm.
3. Dushimimana Charles (2019-2020), Evaluation of adaptability, performance and nutritional value of yellow maize (Zea mays L.) under BUSOGO environmental conditions in RWANDA.
4. Shema Jules Maurice (2019-2020), Performance evaluation of different rice (Oryza Sativa L.) genotypes in two agro-ecological zones of RWANDA.
5. Nyagashi Job (2019-2020), Effect of different levels of vermicompost and NPK (17-17-17) on the growth and yield of biofortified beans in BUSOGO farm, RWANDA.
6. Philippe Sibomana (2019-2020), Evaluation of performance of five determinate tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum L ) varieties cultivated in the glasshouse and open field under environmental conditions of BUSOGO, MUSANZE district, RWANDA.
7. Niringiyimana Pierre (2019-2020), Study on weather, soil properties and assessment of quantity of water applied along with growth parameters of cabbage under furrow irrigation system at field no.15 of MUKURA irrigation scheme in HUYE district, southern province, RWANDA.
8. Uwiringiyimana Thacienne (2019-2020), Classification, adaptability, response to fertilizers and to planting density of okra Abelmoschus esculentus (I.) moench) varieties in Rwanda, On-going PhD in Agricultural Sciences 2021
1. Nkundabashaka, V., Habimana, S., Niyonkuru, R., Kayijuka, C., Karangwa, A., Mbaraka, S. R., Musana, F. R., Mutamuliza, E. & Mutimawurugo, M. C. (2021). Assessment of water requirement for rice crop at Cyabayaga wetland in Nyagatare District, Eastern Province, Rwanda. African Journal of Biotechnology , 20(10), 389-397. https://doi.org/10.5897/AJB2021.17390
2. Mbaraka, S.R., Abayisenga, J.C., Nkurunziza, C. Habimana, S. et al, Effect of Combined Application of Foliar Sprays of Orthosilicic Acid (OSA) with Basal NPK Fertilizer on Growth and Yield of Rice (Oryza sativa L.). Silicon, Springer Nature B.V. 2021, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12633-021-01308-9
3. Habimana, S. Saidi, R.M. Musana, R.F. (2021). Effect of Intercropping aerobic rice with leafy vegetables on crop growth, yield and its productivity and economic efficiency. African Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 20(7), pp. 313-317.https://doi.org/10.5897/AJB2021.17360
4. Qasimullah Ryan, K. N. Geetha, Rahmatullah Hashimi, Rafiq Atif & Sylvestre Habimana (2020). Growth and Yield of Soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill] as Influenced by Organic Manures and Superabsorbent Polymers. Journal of Experimental Agriculture International : 42(6):77-85. https://doi.org/10.9734/JEAI/2020/v42i63054
5. Habimana, S., Kalyana Murthy K.N., Mudalagiriyappa M., Nanja Reddy Y.A.., Vasantha Kumari R. & Hanumanthappa D.C., (2019). Impact of aerobic rice‐leafy vegetables intercropping systems on weed management. – Advances in Horticultural Sciences, 33(3) : 365-373 ; https://doi.org/10.13128/ahs-24266
6. Sylvestre Habimana, Kurlahally Nagappa Kalyana Murthy, Dimba Chowdappa Hanumanthappa, Kothathi Shivanna Somashekar & Matnahalli Ramaiah Anand, (2019). Standardization of agrotechniques for weed management in aerobic rice (Oryza sativa L.). Journal of Plant Protection Research 59 (2) : 273–280. https://doi.org/10.24425/jppr.2019.129292
7. Atom Atanasio Ladu Stansluos, Ali Öztürk, Selçuk Kodaz, Arash Hossein Pour & Habimana Sylvestre, (2019). Genetic Diversity in Sweet Corn (Zea mays L. saccharata) Cultivars Evaluated by Agronomic Traits. Mysore J. Agric. Sci., 53 (1) : 1-8.
8. Habimana Sylvestre, K. N. Kalyana Murthy & D. C. Hanumanthappa,(2018). Effect of Different Weed Management Practices on Growth and Yield of Aerobic Rice (Oryza sativa L.). Mysore J. Agric. Sci., 52 (2) : 263-270.
9. HABIMANA SYLVESTRE AND K.N. KALYANA MURTHY, 2018. Influence of weed management practices on soil microbial populations, soil nutrient status and biological yield of aerobic rice (Oryza sativa L.). J. Soil Biol. Ecol. 38 (1&2) : 120-129.
10. Agnes Imoya P. O., Prasanna K. T., Anantha K., Habimana Sylvestre, 2018. Soil Nutrient Status and Microbial Communities as Influenced by Bio-Fuel Trees Plantation. Environ. & Ecol., 36 (4A) : 1213-1220.
11. Habimana Sylvestre & V. R. Ramakrishna Parama, 2017. Space debris : Reasons, types, impacts and management. Indian J. Radio & Space Physics., 46 : 20-26.
12. Habimana Sylvestre, Ngezahimana Jean Bosco, Nyabyenda Emmanuel and Umulisa
Christine, 2014. Growth and yield of Watermelon as affected by different spacing and mulching types under Rubona conditions in Rwanda. Scholarly J. Agril. Sci.. 4(10), pp. 517-520
13. Tuyishime, O., Sallah, P.Y.K. and Habimana, S., 2014. Performance of elite Maize composites and population Hybrids in the mid-altitude zone of Rwanda. Scholarly J. Agril. Sci. 4(10) : 521-525.
14. Sylvestre HABIMANA and Martin HAKIZAYEZU, 2014. Biocide effect of alkaloids, saponins and flavonoids extracted from chilli against Brevicoryne brassicae, cabbage aphids. Sky J.Agril. Res., 3(11):234 – 239.
Tweets by College of Agriculture, Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine
College of Agriculture, Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine Social Media
Subscribe and get our newsletter inbox.