The Capacity Development Office is pleased to announce the “Enhancing capacity to apply research evidence in policy for youth engagement in agribusiness and rural economic activities in Africa” research grant funded by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD). The grant will award 30 research fellowships in 2019. Subsequently, there will be a call for research on this topic in 2020.
The fellowship is for young academics, professionals and students at the post-course work/research stage of their programs for the study of Youth Engagement in Agribusiness and Rural Economic Activities in Africa.
- Applicants must be young Africans.
- The research will be carried out in the following countries: Benin, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Senegal, and Zambia.
- Applicants must not be more than 40 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must be young scholars at a research institute or university in Africa or a student registered in a PhD or Master’s program in recognized universities in Africa, majoring in agricultural economics, agribusiness, or economics or a related social science field, and must have finished their university course work.
- The duration of the research should not exceed 6 months.
§ Awards for Research Grants are up to $10,000 (Proposals with a reasonable higher budget can also be selected depending on the quality of the research proposal).
§ Grantees will be supervised by IITA’s socio-economics scientists in close collaboration with their national/university supervisors.
§ Grantees will be offered training on research methodology, data management, and scientific writing.
- Grantees will be offered training on production of research evidence for policy-making.
For application and more information visit https://bit.ly/2AYv1NY (English version) and https://bit.ly/2RYfebW (French version). You can also contact IITA-TrainingUnit@cgiar.org should you require further assistance.